Time Out Group Pty Ltd trustees for Time Out Adventures (abn 61837 943 166), trading as Time Out Adventures & Entertainment (“The Company”)
The following terminology applies to these Terms and Conditions, Privacy Statement and Disclaimer Notice and any or all Agreements: “Client”, “You” and “Your” refers to you, the person accessing this website and accepting the Company’s terms and conditions. “The Company”, “Ourselves”, “We” and “Us”, refers to our Company. “Party”, “Parties”, or “Us”, refers to both the Client and ourselves, or either the Client or ourselves. All terms refer to the offer, acceptance, and consideration of payment necessary to engage in business with The Company for the express purpose of the Company’s stated services and products, in accordance with and subject to, prevailing law. Any use of the above terminology or other words in the singular, plural, capitalization and/or he/she or they, are taken as interchangeable and therefore as referring to same.
Segway Experience Booking Terms, Conditions & Acknowledgment of Risk
- Time Out Adventures & Entertainment is a sales, marketing and booking agent for Segway Operators that provide rides and tours to the public. Time Out Adventures is not the operator of these Segway Experiences.
- If you require changes to your booking, please contact us and we will facilitate this change for you. Fees may apply
- In the event, that you are late or don’t show before the booked time for your Segway Experience, we or the Segway Operator will be unable to provide a refund or credit or reschedule your booking.
- Time Out Adventures & Entertainment and its Segway Operators reserve the right to cancel a Segway Experience at any time in the event of adverse weather conditions, equipment failure, minimum numbers for an event not being met or other reasonable and unforeseen circumstances. In such an event, an alternative date may be arranged with the Participant or the purchaser may request a refund.
- The Segway Participant acknowledges and agrees that, upon accepting a Segway experience booking through Time Out Adventures and Entertainment, they Acknowledge that Segway Riding is a dangerous recreational activity within the meaning of the Civil Liability Act (Qld, NSW & Vic) and involves a significant risk of injury, harm or damage and the participant accepts this risk when accepting the booking. If you are under the age of 18, a parent or guardian accepts this Risk on your behalf.
- Time Out Adventures & Entertainment will not be responsible for any loss, injury or damage incurred or suffered by the participant during the Segway Experience.
- By accepting a booking for a Segway Experience through Time Out Adventures and Entertainment, the Participant and guardian releases and forever holds Time Out Adventures & Entertainment, their servants, agents and employees harmless from any and all injury, harm or damage, cost, expense or loss including consequential loss suffered by or caused to the Participant or to others as a result of the Participants use or operation of the Segway and or as a result of accepting this booking no matter what the cause or where such injury, harm or damage arises and;
- By undertaking a Segway Experience booked through Time Out Adventures & Entertainment, the Participant and the guardian will not threaten to make, make, commence, file or bring any demand, claim, court proceedings, application or suit concerning the Segway Experience, rescheduling a booking or any event arising out of either against Time Out Adventures, their servants, agents or employees and if they do then they will indemnify the owners, directors, their servants, agents or employees for and against any order, judgment, decision or decree of the court and the owner’s legal costs and any costs of a court ordered against the owner on the indemnity basis.
Web Site General
The laws of Queensland Australia govern these terms and conditions. By accessing this website and using our services you consent to these terms and conditions and to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Queensland courts in all disputes arising out of such access. If any of these terms are deemed invalid or unenforceable for any reason (including, but not limited to the exclusions and limitations set out above), then the invalid or unenforceable provision will be severed from these terms and the remaining terms will continue to apply. Failure of the Company to enforce any of the provisions set out in these Terms and Conditions and any Agreement, or failure to exercise any option to terminate, shall not be construed as waiver of such provisions and shall not affect the validity of these Terms and Conditions or of any Agreement or any part thereof, or the right thereafter to enforce each and every provision.
Copyright and other relevant intellectual property rights exist on all text, photos, images, icons, videos, and graphics relating to the Company’s services and the full content of this website.
We may collect certain non-personal information to optimise your booking or activity including our Web pages from your computer (e.g., the identity of your internet browser, the type of operating system you use, your IP address and the domain name of your Internet service provider). We may use such non-personal information for internal purposes, including but not limited to improving the content of our sites.
Exclusions and Limitations
The information on this web site is provided on an “as is” basis and we reserve the right to add, change, remove, substitute and/or vary our products and service (including tour routes), pricing, sessions times without notice. We will endeavor to provide reasonable effort to maintain the advertised price.
In addition this, to the fullest extent permitted by laws, this Company:
-Excludes all representations and warranties relating to this website and its contents or which is or may be provided by any affiliates or any other third party, including in relation to any inaccuracies or omissions in this website and/or the Company’s literature; and
-Excludes all liability for damages arising out of or in connection with your use of this website. This includes, without limitation, direct loss, loss of business or profits, damage caused to your computer, computer software, systems and programs and the data thereon or any other direct or indirect, consequential and incidental damages.
– Excludes all liability for illness, injury, damages or loss as a result of participating in one of our Activities or Services
The Parties agree that this agreement, any sales there under, or any claim, dispute or controversy between Client and The Company arising from or relating to this agreement, its interpretation, or the breach, termination or validity thereof, the relationships which result from this agreement, The Company’s advertising, or any related purchase shall be governed by the laws of Queensland Australia, without regard to conflicts of Laws rules.
Payment & Cancellation Policy
Team Building Activities or Entertainment
Prices & Charges
Pricing quoted is fixed and shall not change even if the total number of participants is reduced. Provided the number of participants does not significantly increase, no extra charges will apply. However should the numbers significantly increase on the day, an extra fee will be levied and payable after the event within 7 days.
Upon acceptance of The Company proposal, we will invoice you the agreed amount. A deposit of 50% will be required within 14 days of accepting this proposal with the balance due 14 days prior to the event/function. Should you wish to pay by credit card a surcharge of 1.5% Visa/MasterCard and 2.5% for AMEX will be applied.
Refund & Cancellation Policy
We will try to be as flexible with any changes you may have prior to your event. If you need to cancel your event and it is more than 14 days from the scheduled date and you choose not to reschedule it, we reserve the right to retain 25% of the total fixed price amount or
If you choose to cancel your event and it is less than 14 days from the scheduled event and you choose not to reschedule it we reserve the right to retain 60% of the total fixed price amount or
If you choose to cancel the event on the day for any reason including weather, we reserve the right to retain 100% of the total fixed price amount.
(include but not limited to Segway Rides & Tours, Ozbobbles, Laser Clay, Archery, Splash Golf and other Activities listed on the Activities pages of the web site and booked by a participant)
Refund & Cancellation Policy
Minimum 48 hours notice of cancellation is required. No refunds will be given for any reason within 48 hours of the Activity start time. Notification of cancellation is required either in person, via telephone, or via email.
Cancellations received more than 48 hours in advance will receive a full refund.
Failure to show for an activity or tour; appearing later then the scheduled start time for an activity or tour or if you decide midway through the activity or tour that you no longer wish to participate will result in no refunds being given and 100% of Activity or tour is payable.
We will always attempt to reschedule your activity if possible, however, we reserve the right to charge full price for new bookings if the original booking is missed or skipped.
Minimum customer numbers apply for some Activities. Where sufficient numbers are not achieved, we reserve the right to cancel the Activity or offer a suitable alternative session time. Alternatively, you may be given the option to pay a surcharge and proceed with the Activity as booked. We will inform you prior to your Activity if minimum numbers are not achieved and if this surcharge will apply. If this is not agreeable to you, we will gladly offer a full refund.
Rider Agreements, Indemnity & Waivers
When you book a Segway Experience with Time Out Adventures and Entertainment, the Segway Operator will require you to sign an Rider Agreement. By accepting a booking with Time Out Adventures & Entertainment, the participant acknowledges (a) the existence of and (b) by the rider’s conduct he/she agrees to the terms of the Segway rider agreement provided by the Operator.
All participants under the age of 18 MUST be accompanied by a parent or guardian and the parent or guardian must sign the forms on their behalf.
Other Terms & Conditions
Refer to each individual Activity or Service for any specific terms and conditions related to it.