What makes Action Package (Royal Pines Resort) so popular?
Activities to do on the Gold Coast just go a whole lot more exciting. This activities package includes; zooming around on Segways, being Robin Hood or Maid Marion in Archery and trying to walk on water in an Ozbobble.
This package allows families and friends to enjoy some fun together at the Royal Pines Resort on the Gold Coast and yes we are open to the public!
Below is a brief description of each activity that is included in the Action Pack!
Segway Mini Adventure
On this 30 minute Segway Mini Adventure at the RACV Royal Pines Resort on the Gold Coast, you’ll master your craft and become an expert Segway rider. This ride is designed to teach you the necessary ‘hands-on’ techniques to ride your Segway in a variety of terrains and then time permitting, you’ll set off exploring some of the magnificent grounds of the Royal Pines Resort. This fun ride lasts approximately 30 minutes and you will have an absolute blast experiencing a totally new sensation!
In this engaging medieval activity, you’ll shoot many arrows in an attempt to hit your designated targets. All equipment and coaching are provided to ensure everyone has fun in this challenging but exciting sport. Once your instruction is out of the way, make way, it’s Friend vs Friend, Mate vs Mate, Father Vs Son!, who can hit the most targets?
This is one exciting, thrilling activity. Jump into your fully sealed giant water ball and venture into the water where you will quickly discover how to walk, run, roll, flip and spin all without even getting wet!
- 1 x Archery Session (30 mins)
- 1 x Segway Mini Adventure (30 mins)
- 1 x Ozbobbles (about 8 mins)
Some activities have limited availability. Most activities operate several times throughout the day. Allow about 2 hours to complete all the activities. All you need to do is simply buy your ticket online and call us to book your spot on each activity session and then get ready for plenty of fun!
Frequently Asked Questions
You've got questions? We've got answers! Everything you thought to ask, and some things you didn't. This is a collection of the most common queries we get on this event from our customers. We recommend you have a read to ensure you're not caught out on the day. If there's anything you're still unsure of, please don't hesitate to contact us.
Q: GENERAL: Where Is The Meeting Point?
If you click on the Directions Tab you will find specific details where to find us.
Q: GENERAL: How Long Will It Take To Complete All The Activities?
Allow between 2 and 2 1/2 hours to complete all the activities as each activity operates at set times throughout the day. After you place your booking, call us and we can advise you of which timeslots are available for each activity on the day you would like to do the activities.
Q: GENERAL: What Time Do I Need To Get There For My First Activity?
If you could arrive 5-10 minutes early for your first activity to fill out the necessary paperwork as each Segway rider will need to sign an liability waiver form and if the rider is under 18, a parent or guardian will be required to sign on their behalf.
Q: GENERAL: Can I Share The Activities With Others?
Unfortunately not. For example: You cannot have Mum do the Segway's and Dad do the Segway and the Son do the Water balls and the daughter to do Splash Golf. All activities in the package must be used by the same person. You are free however to chose not to do an activity in the package if you like.
Q: GENERAL: What Is Your Cancellation Policy?
Please refer to the Terms & Conditions tab where we explain in detail our REFUND and CANCELLATION Policy.
Q: SEGWAY: Is There An Age Or Weight Limit?
For the Segway Fun Ride you must be at least 9 years of age. In addition to this, riders must weigh at least 28 kgs and not more than 115kgs.
Q: SEGWAY: Can Those Under 18 Ride Alone?
For safety reasons, minors (anyone under the age of 18) must be accompanied by an adult on the fun ride.
Q: SEGWAY: How Many People Will Be On The Fun Ride?
Typically rides and tours operates in groups of 7-8 guests or less per facilitator.
Q: SEGWAY: What Happens If I Have An Accident Whilst On The Fun Ride?
You are responsible for the Segway whilst it is in your possession. Therefore if you damage someone’s property or injure yourself or someone else, you are responsible for any damages, this includes the Segways. In there is damage to the Segways, you will be required to provide a $750 security deposit by way of credit card. This money will be retained until such time as a quote for the damages is obtained. Once the full costs are known, you will be required to pay these within 7 days.
Q: SEGWAY: Is This Fun Ride Offered In Any Other Language Beside English?
All rides and tours are in English. We can however organise private rides in other languages if required.
Q: SEGWAY: How Difficult Is To Ride, Will I Be Able To Pick It Up Quickly?
This fun ride is designed so that you learn the technique of riding one of these amazing machines. It is only a short duration ride and the majority of your time will be spent learning and practicing how to ride the amazing Segway personal transporter. The advanced techniques you will learn will enable you to be able to ride in any condition on any future tour plus you will also have heaps of fun in the process. For most people it only takes 10 minutes to learn to ride and the remaining time will be spent exploring the beautiful grounds of the RACV Royal Pines Resort on the Gold Coast.
Q: SEGWAY: Can More Than 1 Person Ride The Segway At Once?
The Segway is designed so that only 1 person at a time can ride it. Therefore you can not ride with young children or double another person.
Q: SEGWAY: What If I Am Pregnant, Can I Still Ride?
Unfortunately not. We feel the risk to both child and mother to be to high to allow pregnant women to participate in any Segway tour or ride.
Q: SEGWAY: Are The Rides Cancelled If It Rains?
The Segway rides and tours will proceed in light rain, there is normally some rain jackets available for you to use, but please check availability, otherwise feel free to bring your own. If it is decided the rain is to heavy, for safety reasons the ride will be rescheduled to another day, if this day is unsuitable for you, we will provide a full refund.
Q: SEGWAY: Who Is Responsible For Providing My Tour
Time Out Adventures is a sales, marketing and booking organisation, we do not provide or operate the Segway Tour or Ride you book. Once you have made your booking you will receive a booking confirmation which will confirm who the operator is for your tour. If however you would like to make changes to your booking such as the times, dates, cancel your service or have any enquiries feel free to contact us on 1300 090 767 and we gladly assist.
Q: OZBOBBLES: Is There An Age Or Weight Limit?
Yes the minimum age is 4 and the maximum weight is 95kgs
Q: OZBOBBLES: How Many People Will Be On The Water Ball Session?
The session will last for 1 hour in total and a maximum of 10-12 rides can be accommodated in each session
Q: OZBOBBLES: How Long Does It Take?
Your turn in the Ozbobbles will last approximately 8 minutes, after which time you will be exhausted and ready for a break.
Q: OZBOBBLES: Will I Get Wet
NO you will not get wet. We blow the Ozbobbles up on the side of the pool, you then climb in, we fill it with air and zip you up and roll you into the pool. We then roll you back out at the end onto the side of the pool where you'll climb back out.
Q: OZBOBBLES: What Should I Wear?
As you are rolling and running like a little hamster we suggest you wear either your swimmers or shorts and a t-shirt as you will get hot inside the balls.
Q: OZBOBBLES: Can More Than 1 Person Be In The Ball At Once?
Only 1 person at a time is permitted to be in the ball at once for safety reasons.
Q: OZBOBBLES: Will I Run Out Of Air?
The answer is No! It has been scientifically tested that there is 2 hours of air inside the balls and you are only in them for approximately 8 minutes, so you have plenty of air. We also fill the balls up with fresh air in between each ride.
Q: ARCHERY: Is There An Age Or Weight Limit?
Whilst there is no minimum weight limits, with regards to age we suggest a minimum of at least 8 years of age as the archery bow can become heavy and difficult to engage for younger participants throughout the session
Q: ARCHERY: How Many People Will Be On The Archery Session?
Typically an Archery session can have up to 12 people
Q: ARCHERY: How Long Does It Take?
The session operates for a approx 30 minutes (depending on the size of the group) and you can shoot as many arrows during this time as you like.
Q: ARCHERY: I Am Left Handed, Do You Have Left Handed Bows?
We most certainly do, just let us know when you book and we'll make sure we have a left handed bow for you.
Q: ARCHERY: What Happens If I Damage The Equipment?
You are responsible for the bow and arrows whilst it is in your possession. Therefore if you damage it, you will be required to provide a $250 security deposit by way of credit card. This money will be retained until such time as we can get a quote for the damages. Once we know the full costs, you will be required to pay these within 7 days.
Q: ARCHERY: How Difficult Is It To Do, Will I Be Able To Pick It Up Quickly?
We will provide you with instruction and training how to use your bow and arrows. Most people hit the target in a relatively short period of time.
Q: ARCHERY: Can More Than 1 Person Shoot At Once?
Yes we normally permit up to 4 people at a time to shoot at the targets.
Terms and Conditions
Bookings Terms, Conditions and Acknowledgement:-
- Time Out Adventures & Entertainment is a sales, marketing and booking agent for Segway Operators that provide rides and tours to the public. Time Out Adventures is not the operator of these Segway Experiences.
- If you require changes to your booking, please contact us and we will facilitate this change for you. Fees may apply
- The Segway Participant acknowledges and agrees that, upon accepting a booking that includes a Segway experience through Time Out Adventures and Entertainment, they Acknowledge that Segway Riding is a dangerous recreational activity within the meaning of the Civil Liability Act (Qld, NSW & Vic) and involves a significant risk of injury, harm or damage and the participant accepts this risk when accepting the booking. If you are under the age of 18, a parent or guardian accepts this Risk on your behalf.
- Time Out Adventures & Entertainment will not be responsible for any loss, injury or damage incurred or suffered by the participant during the Segway Experience.
- By accepting a booking for a Segway Experience through Time Out Adventures and Entertainment, the Participant and guardian releases and forever holds Time Out Adventures & Entertainment, their servants, agents and employees harmless from any and all injury, harm or damage, cost, expense or loss including consequential loss suffered by or caused to the Participant or to others as a result of the Participants use or operation of the Segway and or as a result of accepting this booking no matter what the cause or where such injury, harm or damage arises and;
- By undertaking a Segway Experience booked through Time Out Adventures & Entertainment, the Participant and the guardian will not threaten to make, make, commence, file or bring any demand, claim, court proceedings, application or suit concerning the Segway Experience, rescheduling a booking or any event arising out of either against Time Out Adventures, their servants, agents or employees and if they do then they will indemnify the owners, directors, their servants, agents or employees for and against any order, judgment, decision or decree of the court and the owner’s legal costs and any costs of a court ordered against the owner on the indemnity basis.
- You are required to arrive a minimum of 10 minutes early for this activity
- Your package includes you being in up to 1 x 30 Minute Segway Mini Adventure tour, 1 x Archery Session (30 mins), 1 x Ozbobble ride
- Bookings Essential - Call us on 1300 090 767 to book in each of your activities.
Segway Operator Terms & Conditions
The Segway operator for this tour has the following important terms and conditions you agree too when you accept this booking,
- Duration: 30 minutes (includes training time)
- You are required to arrive a minimum of 15 minutes early
- Minimum age 9
- Minimum weight 28kgs, Maximum weight 115kgs
- Enclosed footwear is required
- If you are pregnant, unfortunately you will not be able to participate in the tour as we feel the risk to both child and mother to be too high
- Riders under 18 require a guardian/parent to also come on the ride.
- The rider accepts that riding a Segway is a dangerous leisure activity according to the Civil Liability Act (Qld and NSW) and involves a significant risk of injury, harm or damage (physical or mental) to the rider and to others and the rider accepts this risk.
- All riders are required to sign a rider agreement and agree to be bound by the standard terms and conditions of that agreement
- The Segway rider acknowledges (a) the existence of and (b) by the rider’s conduct he/she agrees to the terms of the rider agreement
- Helmets are provided and must be worn
- You agree to not ride the Segway if intoxicated or under the influence of drugs
- Included as part of your ride is a hands-on training component (normally up to 10-15 minutes) on how to ride the Segway safely
- By placing this booking you and others in your group who will be riding the Segway's, accept all risks associated with riding this mechanical device and the various types of terrain and hazards you will encounter; this includes any injury you may suffer, financial loss, damage caused to the machine, injury to other persons or damage to their property
Ozbobbles (Water Balls)
- Minimum age 4
- Maximum of 1 person in the ball at a time
- Each ride in the water balls will last approximately 7-8 minutes
- No shoes or sharp objects permitted when riding in the balls
- Minimum age: 9 (recommended)
- Session duration: 30 minutes approx.
- Up to 12 people maybe on the session, so you will rotate, taking it in turns trying to hit the targets
- All participants must sign an indemnity and waiver form
- You are not permitted to participate in this activity if you are intoxicated or under the influence of drugs
- By placing this booking you and others who will be participating, accept all risks associated with this sport and; Agree to be responsible for any injury or damage you may cause to yourself, other persons, property and the equipment
Segway Fun Ride
Segway rides may be cancelled due to extreme weather conditions or not reaching the minimum numbers required. If the session is cancelled due to extreme weather or minimum numbers not being reached we will gladly provide a pro-rata refund (approx. $29) or arrange a suitable date and time that you can do the activity.
Whilst there is no guarantees; if you are running late for a tour please contact us immediately on 1300 090 767 to see if it is possible for us to wait. If you do arrive late and no prior arrangements have been made and the training process has already commenced unfortunately you will not be able to join the tour and no refunds will be available.
This activity cannot operate in the rain. If the session is cancelled due to weather or minimum numbers not being reached we will gladly provide a pro-rata refund (about $9) or arrange a suitable date and time that you can do the activity.
Whilst there is no guarantees; if you are running late for the activity please contact us immediately on 1300 090 767 to see if it is possible for us to wait. If you do arrive late and no prior arrangements have been made no refunds will be given.
This activity cannot operate in the rain. If the session is cancelled due weather or minimum numbers not being reached we will gladly provide a pro-rata refund (approx. $20) or arrange a suitable date and time that you can do the activity.
Whilst there is no guarantees; if you are running late for the activity please contact us immediately on 1300 090 767 to see if it is possible for us to wait. If you do arrive late and no prior arrangements have been made, unfortunately you will not be able to join the session and no refunds will be given.
For cancellations greater than 48 hours notice we will gladly provide a full refund with the exception being any pre-paid vouchers/promotions which are subject to the terms and conditions of the voucher/promotion. For cancellations within 48 hours, no refund will be given. If you would like to reschedule your activity for whatever reason a $15 per person rescheduling fee applies.