What makes Adventure Package (Balgownie Resort) so popular?
“Things to Do” in the Yarra Valley just got a whole lot more exciting with this Adventure Package which includes; zooming around on Segways, have a blast playing Laser Clay and trying your hand at the old medieval sport of Archery!
This package allows families and friends to enjoy some fun together at the Balgownie Resort Vineyard & Spa in the Yarra Valley and yes we are open to the public!
Below is a brief description of each activity that is included in the Adventure Pack!
Laser Clay Shooting
You will shoot at up to 30 clays flying overhead using a modified shotgun that fires a harmless infrared signal. There will be sounds of shotgun blasts over the speakers and plenty of cheers from everyone as you score a direct hit! You’ll have a blast playing this fun, safe and unconventional twist on clay pigeon shooting.
Segway Vineyard Adventure
It takes only moments to learn but forever to get the smile off your face! Riding a Segway is quite simply amazing; it feels like nothing you’ve experienced – because there’s never been anything like it. It is fun and adventure wrapped up in one fantastic experience! On this 60-minute Resort Vineyard Adventure, you will zoom around the grounds of the resort, cruise through one of the vineyards and have an absolute blast on your all-terrain Segway. the only problem is, you won’t want to get off!
In this engaging medieval activity, you’ll shoot many arrows in an attempt to hit your designated targets. All equipment and coaching are provided to ensure everyone has fun in this challenging but exciting sport.
Once your instruction is out of the way, make way, it’s Friend vs Friend, Mate vs Mate, Father Vs Son!, who can hit the most targets?
Archery is one of those Yarra Valley activities that you should put on your itinerary as it is safe, environmentally friendly and interactive. So why not be Robin Hood or Maid Marion for the day and come on out to the Balgownie Resort Vineyard & Spa for some fun.
Allow up to 2 hours to complete all the activities. All you need to do is simply buy your ticket online and call us to book your spot on each activity session and then get ready for plenty of fun!
- 1 x 60 Minute Segway Vineyard Adventure
- 1 x Laser Clay Session (30 clays)
- 1 x Archery Session (30 minutes)
Bookings Essential – Once you have purchased your package online, simply call us to book in each of your activities.
Frequently Asked Questions
You've got questions? We've got answers! Everything you thought to ask, and some things you didn't. This is a collection of the most common queries we get on this event from our customers. We recommend you have a read to ensure you're not caught out on the day. If there's anything you're still unsure of, please don't hesitate to contact us.
Q: GENERAL: WHERE IS THE MEETING POINT?
If you click on the Directions Tab you will find specific details where to find us.
Q: GENERAL: HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE TO COMPLETE ALL THE ACTIVITIES?
Allow up to 2 hours to complete all the activities as each activity operates at set times throughout the day. After you place your booking, call us and we can advise you of which timeslots are available for each activity on the day you would like to do the activities.
Q: GENERAL: WHAT TIME DO I NEED TO GET THERE FOR MY FIRST ACTIVITY?
If you could arrive 10 minutes early for your first activity to fill out the necessary paperwork as each Segway rider will need to sign an liability waiver form and if the rider is under 18, a parent or guardian will be required to sign on their behalf.
Q: GENERAL: CAN I SHARE THE ACTIVITIES WITH OTHERS?
Unfortunately not. For example: You cannot have Mum do the Segway's and Dad do the Laser Clay and the Son do the Water balls. All activities in the package must be used by the same person. You are free however to chose not to do an activity in the package if you like.
Q: GENERAL: WHAT IS YOUR CANCELLATION POLICY?
Please refer to the Terms & Conditions tab where we explain in detail our REFUND and CANCELLATION Policy.
Q: SEGWAY: IS THERE AN AGE OR WEIGHT LIMIT?
For the Segway Vineyard Resort Adventure you must be at least 10 years of age. In addition to this, riders must weigh at least 38 kgs and not more than 115kgs.
Q: SEGWAY: CAN THOSE UNDER 18 COME ON A TOUR ALONE?
For safety reasons, minors (anyone under the age of 18) must be accompanied by an adult on the tour.
Q: SEGWAY: HOW MANY PEOPLE WILL BE ON THE TOUR?
Typically tours operates in groups of 7-8 guests or less per facilitator.
Q: SEGWAY: IS TRAINING INCLUDED AS PART OF THE TOUR?
All tours include a period of time for training and learning how to master riding these amazing machines. On average allow about 10 minutes of hands-on rider training as part of your tour. The facilitator will not set off on the tour until you are 'rider ready' and is confident you can safely ride through the various terrain you will encounter on the tour.
Q: SEGWAY: WHAT HAPPENS IF I HAVE AN ACCIDENT WHILST ON THE TOUR?
You are responsible for the Segway whilst it is in your possession. Therefore if you damage someone’s property or injure yourself or someone else, you are responsible for any damages, this includes the Segways. In there is damage to the Segways, you will be required to provide a $750 security deposit by way of credit card. This money will be retained until such time a quote for the damages is organised. Once the full costs are known, you will be required to pay these within 7 days.
Q: SEGWAY: IS THIS TOUR OFFERED IN ANY OTHER LANGUAGE BESIDE ENGLISH?
All tours are in English. We can however organise private rides in other languages if required.
Q: SEGWAY: HOW DIFFICULT IS TO RIDE, WILL I BE ABLE TO PICK IT UP QUICKLY?
Riding a Segway is pretty easy and you will generally master all the various techniques for riding in various terrains in about 10 or so minutes. The tour itself is classified as relatively easy. It is designed so that you first learn the technique of riding one of these amazing machines and then once the facilitator deems you 'ride ready' you will spend the remainder of your time cruising the beautiful grounds of the Balgownie Resort Vineyard & Spa in the Yarra Valley.
Q: SEGWAY: CAN MORE THAN 1 PERSON RIDE THE SEGWAY AT ONCE?
The Segway is designed so that only 1 person at a time can ride it. Therefore you can not ride with young children or double another person.
Q: SEGWAY: WHAT IF I AM PREGNANT, CAN I STILL RIDE?
Unfortunately not. We feel the risk to both child and mother to be to high to allow pregnant women to participate in any Segway tour or ride.
Q: SEGWAY: ARE THE TOURS CANCELLED IF IT RAINS?
Segway tours will proceed in light rain, we have some rain jackets available for you to use, but please check availability, otherwise feel free to bring your own. If it is decided the rain is to heavy, for safety reasons the tour will be rescheduled to another day, if this day is unsuitable for you, we will provide a full refund.
Q: SEGWAY: WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR PROVIDING MY TOUR?
Time Out Adventures is a sales, marketing and booking organisation, we do not provide or operate the Segway Tour or Ride you book. Once you have made your booking you will receive a booking confirmation which will confirm who the operator is for your tour. If however you would like to make changes to your booking such as the times, dates, cancel your service or have any enquiries feel free to contact us on 1300 090 767 and we gladly assist.
Q: LASER CLAY: IS THERE AN AGE OR WEIGHT LIMIT?
We recommend a minimum age of 10 as the guns can become heavy to hold through the session.
Q: LASER CLAY: HOW MANY PEOPLE WILL BE ON THE LASER CLAY SESSION?
Typically as Laser Clay session can have up to 15 people on a session.
Q: LASER CLAY: HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE?
You will get to shoot at up to 30 clay targets (unless you chose to pay for more) which will typically take about 20 minutes to do. When we have larger groups of more than 5 on the session, it can take up to 40-60 minutes in total for everyone to rotate having their turn until they each reach 30 targets shot at.
Q: LASER CLAY: WHAT HAPPENS IF I DAMAGE THE EQUIPMENT?
You are responsible for the gun whilst it is in your possession. Therefore if you damage it, you will be required to provide a $750 security deposit by way of credit card. This money will be retained until such time as we can get a quote for the damages. Once we know the full costs, you will be required to pay these within 7 days.
Q: LASER CLAY: HOW DIFFICULT IS IT TO DO, WILL I BE ABLE TO PICK IT UP QUICKLY?
We will provide you with instruction and training how to use the Laser Clay guns. Most people are able to hit a target within their first 6-10 shots some within their first 1 or 2 shots.
Q: LASER CLAY: CAN MORE THAN 1 PERSON SHOOT AT ONCE?
The Laser Clay system is designed so that up to 5 people at a time can shoot at the clay as it flies through the air, making it a fun, safe and interactive experience.
Q: LASER CLAY: DO I GET TO FIRE REAL BULLETS?
The answer is No. The Laser Clay system is a high-tech device that has all the same skill as Clay Pigeon shooting but is totally safe and environmentally friendly as the guns fire a harmless infrared signal just like your home TV remote. If you are on target and the signal hits the clay as it flies through the air it will register on the scoreboard a direct hit and you will also hear the sound of a breaking clay over the speakers.
Q: ARCHERY: IS THERE AN AGE OR WEIGHT LIMIT?
Whilst there is no minimum weight limits, with regards to age we suggest a minimum of at least 7 years of age as the archery bow can become heavy and difficult to engage for younger participants throughout the session
Q: ARCHERY: HOW MANY PEOPLE WILL BE ON THE ARCHERY SESSION?
Typically an Archery ession can have up to 12 people
Q: ARCHERY: HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE?
The minimum session time is 30 minutes sometimes up to 40 minutes depending on the amount of people on the session. Youou can shoot as many arrows during this time as you like.
Q: ARCHERY: I AM LEFT HANDED, DO YOU HAVE LEFT HANDED BOWS?
We most certainly do, just let us know when you book and we'll make sure we have a left handed bow for you.
Q: ARCHERY: DO YOU PROVIDE PRIVATE SESSIONS?
We most certainly can arrange a private session for your group. Pricing may vary depending on the amount of people due to the fact that the session is exclusive for your group only.
Q: ARCHERY: WHAT TIME DO I NEED TO GET THERE FOR MY ARCHERY SESSION?
If you could arrive 10 minutes early for your scheduled session.
Q: ARCHERY: WHAT HAPPENS IF I DAMAGE THE EQUIPMENT?
You are responsible for the bow and arrows whilst it is in your possession. Therefore if you damage it, you will be required to provide a $250 security deposit by way of credit card. This money will be retained until such time as we can get a quote for the damages. Once we know the full costs, you will be required to pay these within 7 days.
Q: ARCHERY: HOW DIFFICULT IS IT TO DO, WILL I BE ABLE TO PICK IT UP QUICKLY?
We will provide you with instruction and training how to use your bow and arrows. Most people hit the target in a relatively short period of time.
Q: ARCHERY: CAN MORE THAN 1 PERSON SHOOT AT ONCE?
Yes we normally permit up to 4 people at a time to shoot at the targets.
Terms and Conditions
Bookings Terms, Conditions and Acknowledgement:-
- Time Out Adventures & Entertainment is a sales, marketing and booking agent for Segway Operators that provide rides and tours to the public. Time Out Adventures is not the operator of these Segway Experiences.
- If you require changes to your booking, please contact us and we will facilitate this change for you. Fees may apply
- The Segway Participant acknowledges and agrees that, upon accepting a booking that includes a Segway experience through Time Out Adventures and Entertainment, they Acknowledge that Segway Riding is a dangerous recreational activity within the meaning of the Civil Liability Act (Qld, NSW & Vic) and involves a significant risk of injury, harm or damage and the participant accepts this risk when accepting the booking. If you are under the age of 18, a parent or guardian accepts this Risk on your behalf.
- Time Out Adventures & Entertainment will not be responsible for any loss, injury or damage incurred or suffered by the participant during the Segway Experience.
- By accepting a booking for a Segway Experience through Time Out Adventures and Entertainment, the Participant and guardian releases and forever holds Time Out Adventures & Entertainment, their servants, agents and employees harmless from any and all injury, harm or damage, cost, expense or loss including consequential loss suffered by or caused to the Participant or to others as a result of the Participants use or operation of the Segway and or as a result of accepting this booking no matter what the cause or where such injury, harm or damage arises and;
- By undertaking a Segway Experience booked through Time Out Adventures & Entertainment, the Participant and the guardian will not threaten to make, make, commence, file or bring any demand, claim, court proceedings, application or suit concerning the Segway Experience, rescheduling a booking or any event arising out of either against Time Out Adventures, their servants, agents or employees and if they do then they will indemnify the owners, directors, their servants, agents or employees for and against any order, judgment, decision or decree of the court and the owner’s legal costs and any costs of a court ordered against the owner on the indemnity basis.
- You are required to arrive a minimum of 10 minutes early for this activity
- Bookings essential - Contact us on 1300 090 767 to book your activities
- This package includes 1 x 60 Minute Segway Vineyard Adventure (which includes training), 1 x Laser Clay shooting session (30 clays) and 1 x Archery Session (30 minutes) subject to the conditions below;
- Recommended minimum age is 10
- Your session allows you to shoot at up to 30 clay targets (unless agreed otherwise) which maybe less that the total session time
- Bows and arrows are supplied
- Minimum age: 8 (recommended)
- Session duration: 30 minutes
- Up to 12 people maybe on the session, so you will rotate, taking it in turns trying to hit the targets
- All participants must sign an indemnity and waiver form
- You are not permitted to participate in this activity if you are intoxicated or under the influence of drugs
Segway Operator Terms & Conditions
The Segway operator for this tour has the following important terms and conditions you agree too when you accept this booking,
- Duration: 60 minutes (includes training time)
- You are required to arrive a minimum of 15 minutes early
- Minimum age 12
- Minimum weight 42kgs, Maximum weight 115kgs
- Enclosed footwear is required
- If you are pregnant, unfortunately you will not be able to participate in the tour as we feel the risk to both child and mother to be too high
- Riders under 18 require a guardian/parent to also come on the ride.
- The rider accepts that riding a Segway is a dangerous leisure activity according to the Civil Liability Act (VIC, Qld and NSW) and involves a significant risk of injury, harm or damage (physical or mental) to the rider and to others and the rider accepts this risk.
- All riders are required to sign a rider agreement and agree to be bound by the standard terms and conditions of that agreement
- The Segway rider acknowledges (a) the existence of and (b) by the rider’s conduct he/she agrees to the terms of the rider agreement
- Helmets are provided and must be worn
- You agree to not ride the Segway if intoxicated or under the influence of drugs
- Included as part of your ride is a hands-on training component (normally up to 10-15 minutes) on how to ride the Segway safely
- By placing this booking you and others in your group who will be riding the Segway's, accept all risks associated with riding this mechanical device and the various types of terrain and hazards you will encounter; this includes any injury you may suffer, financial loss, damage caused to the machine, injury to other persons or damage to their property
Segway tours may be cancelled due to extreme weather conditions or not reaching the minimum numbers required. If the session is cancelled due to extreme weather or minimum numbers not being reached we will gladly provide a pro-rata refund (approx. $59) or arrange a suitable date and time that you can do the activity.
Whilst there is no guarantees; if you are running late for a tour please contact us immediately on 1300 090 767 to see if it is possible for us to wait. If you do arrive late and no prior arrangements have been made and the training process has already commenced unfortunately you will not be able to join the tour and no refunds will be available.
This activity cannot operate in light rain. If the session is cancelled due weather or minimum numbers not being reached we will gladly provide a pro-rata refund (approx. $20) or arrange a suitable date and time that you can do the activity.
Whilst there is no guarantees; if you are running late for the activity please contact us immediately on 1300 090 767 to see if it is possible for us to wait. If you do arrive late and no prior arrangements have been made no refunds will be given.
This activity will not operate in the rain. If the session is cancelled due weather or minimum numbers not being reached we will gladly provide a pro-rata refund (approx. $20) or arrange a suitable date and time that you can do the activity.
Whilst there is no guarantees; if you are running late for the activity please contact us immediately on 1300 090 767 to see if it is possible for us to wait. If you do arrive late and no prior arrangements have been made, unfortunately you will not be able to join the session and no refunds will be given.
All tours are subject to availability and may be cancelled due to extreme weather conditions or not reaching the minimum numbers required. We will notify you and offer an alternate date and time. If you cancel your booking with less than 48 hours notice, or decide for whatever reason on the day you no longer wish to participate in the tour, no refunds are offered. For cancellations greater than 48 hours notice we will gladly provide a full refund with the exception being any pre-paid vouchers/promotions which are subject to the terms and conditions of the voucher/promotion. If you would like to reschedule your tour for whatever reason a $15 per person re-scheduling fee applies.