What makes Adventure Package + Lunch (Rochford Wines) so popular?
The Ultimate Adventure, Foodie & Wine experience!
If your planning on heading out to the Yarra Valley with family and friends or even planning a corporate get-a-way and you’re looking for something unique and truly memorable that includes Adventure, food and wine tasting then this package has to be on your ‘to do’ list.
Your Adventure experience includes; cruising around the Rochford Wines vineyards on Segways, then you’ll step back in time and try your hand at the old medieval sport of Archery before having a blast playing Laser Clay. This package allows families, friends and work colleagues to enjoy some unique fun together at Rochford Wines in the Yarra Valley and yes we are open to the public!
Below is a brief description of each activity that is included in the Adventure Pack!
Segway Vineyard Adventure
This is a 60-minute all-terrain Segway Adventure experience; you’ll get to experience riding your Segway over a variety of terrain such as gravel tracks, concrete paths, grassed surfaces as you cruise around the vineyards, learning a little about the Rochford Wines before zoom by the concert bowl, home to international acts like Elton John and putting your Segway through its paces. The only problem with this part of the Adventure experience is you won’t want to get off! Full training is included in your 60 minute experience and by the end of your tour you’ll be a Segway master!
Laser Clay Shooting
Have you always wanted to feel what it is like to be in the Olympics as you hit a clay target that is launched into the air at different speeds and angles. Well now you can! Laser Clay is a fun, safe and unconventional twist of the sport of clay pigeon shooting. In this Adventures package you will shoot at up to 30 clays targets as they fly overhead using a modified shotgun that fires a harmless infrared signal. There will be sounds of shotgun blasts over the speakers and plenty of cheers from everyone as you score a direct hit! The clay targets then fall to the ground, we pick them up and use them all over again. So this activity is fun, safe and also environmentally friendly and best of all it can be played by anyone 10 years and up!
Now it’s time to step back in time and become Maid Marion or Robin as you enjoy this engaging medieval activity, you’ll shoot many arrows in an attempt to hit your designated targets. All equipment and coaching are provided to ensure everyone has fun in this challenging but exciting sport.
Once your instruction is out of the way, make way, it’s Friend vs Friend, Mate vs Mate, Father Vs Son!, who can hit the most targets?
After all the fun and adventures is out of the way, it’s time to kick back, relax and soak up the ambience of Rochford Wines. You’ll start with some FREE wine tasting, then you can sit out on the deck with some great views of the lake taking in all the fresh air that the Yarra Valley has to offer before enjoying a some awesome food at Isabella’s Restaurant where you can chose from up to 4 different dishes and enjoy some tea or coffee afterwards.
Allow up to 2.5 hours to complete all the activities then take all the time in the world you need enjoying your free wine tasting and lunch.
- 1 x 60 Minute Segway Vineyard Adventure
- 1 x Laser Clay Session (30 clays)
- 1 x Archery Session (20 minutes)
- 1 x Main meal (choose from up to 4 dishes), chilled water, tea and coffee and free wine tasting
Bookings Essential – Once you have purchased your package online, simply call us to book in each of your activities.
Frequently Asked Questions
You've got questions? We've got answers! Everything you thought to ask, and some things you didn't. This is a collection of the most common queries we get on this event from our customers. We recommend you have a read to ensure you're not caught out on the day. If there's anything you're still unsure of, please don't hesitate to contact us.
Q: WHERE IS THE MEETING POINT?
If you click on the Directions Tab you will find specific details where to find us.
Q: IS THERE AN AGE OR WEIGHT LIMIT?
For this tour you must be at least 10 years of age. In addition to this, riders must weigh at least 32kgs and not more than 115kgs.
Q: GENERAL: HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE TO COMPLETE ALL THE ACTIVITIES?
Allow up to 2.5 to complete all the activities, as each activity operates at set times throughout the day. Then allow additional time for lunch and wine tasting afterwards. After you place your booking, call us and we can advise you of which timeslots are available for each activity on the day you would like to do the activities.
Q: GENERAL: WHAT TIME DO I NEED TO GET THERE FOR MY FIRST ACTIVITY?
If you could arrive 10-15 minutes early for your first activity to fill out the necessary paperwork as each Segway rider will need to sign an liability waiver form and if the rider is under 18, a parent or guardian will be required to sign on their behalf.
Q: CAN THOSE UNDER 18 PARTAKE IN ACTIVITIES ALONE?
For safety reasons, minors (anyone under the age of 18) must be accompanied by a participant of age 18 years or older.
Q: GENERAL: CAN I SHARE THE ACTIVITIES WITH OTHERS?
Unfortunately not. For example: You cannot have Mum do the Segway's and Dad do the Laser Clay and the Son do the Water balls. All activities in the package must be used by the same person. You are free however to chose not to do an activity in the package if you like.
Q: SEGWAY: HOW MANY PEOPLE WILL BE ON THE TOUR?
Typically tours operate in groups of 7-8 guests or less per facilitator.
Q: WHAT IF I HAVE MORE THAN 8 PEOPLE?
Unless otherwise arranged prior (for larger groups), the group will be split up for safety reasons.
Q: WHAT IF I DON'T LIKE WINE?
No problems, you can select a soft drink or glass of juice as a replacement to your lunch wine!
Q: WHAT TYPE OF MEALS ARE THERE TO SELECT FROM AT THE RESTAURANT?
There is a number of selections you can pick from. The menu changes from time to time so feel free to contact the restaurant and find out the latest fantastic meals that are available for you to choose from at lunch.
Q: DO YOU PROVIDE PRIVATE TOURS?
We most certainly can arrange a private tour for your group. Pricing may vary depending on the amount of people due to the fact that the tour is exclusive for your group only.
Q: IS TRAINING INCLUDED AS PART OF THE ACTIVITIES?
All tours include a period of time for training and learning how to master riding these amazing machines. On average about 10-15 minutes of hands-on rider training is included as part of your tour duration. You will not set off on the tour until you are 'rider ready' and you and your facilitator are confident you can safely ride through the various terrain you will encounter on the tour.
Q: WHAT HAPPENS IF I HAVE AN ACCIDENT WHILST ON THE TOUR?
You are responsible for the Segway whilst it is in your possession. Therefore if you damage someone’s property or injure yourself or someone else, you are responsible for any damages, this includes the Segways. In there is damage to the Segways, you will be required to provide a $750 security deposit by way of credit card. This money will be retained until such time a quote for the damages is organised. Once the full costs are known, you will be required to pay these within 7 days.
Q: IS THIS TOUR OFFERED IN ANY OTHER LANGUAGE BESIDE ENGLISH?
All tours are in English. We can however organise private rides in other languages if required.
Q: SEGWAY: HOW DIFFICULT IS TO RIDE, WILL I BE ABLE TO PICK IT UP QUICKLY?
Riding a Segway is pretty easy and you will generally master all the various techniques for riding in various terrains in about 10 or so minutes. The tour itself is classified as relatively easy. It is designed so that you first learn the technique of riding one of these amazing machines and then once the facilitator deems you 'ride ready' you will spend the remainder of your time cruising the beautiful grounds of the Balgownie Resort Vineyard & Spa in the Yarra Valley.
Q: SEGWAY: CAN MORE THAN 1 PERSON RIDE THE SEGWAY AT ONCE?
The Segway is designed so that only 1 person at a time can ride it. Therefore you can not ride with young children or double another person.
Q: SEGWAY: WHAT IF I AM PREGNANT, CAN I STILL RIDE?
Unfortunately not. We feel the risk to both child and mother to be to high to allow pregnant women to participate in any Segway tour or ride.
Q: SEGWAY: ARE THE TOURS CANCELLED IF IT RAINS?
Segway tours will proceed in light rain, we have some rain jackets available for you to use, but please check availability, otherwise feel free to bring your own. If it is decided the rain is to heavy, for safety reasons the tour will be rescheduled to another day, if this day is unsuitable for you, we will provide a full refund.
Q: SEGWAY: WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR PROVIDING MY TOUR?
Time Out Adventures is a sales, marketing and booking organisation, we do not provide or operate the Segway Tour or Ride you book. Once you have made your booking you will receive a booking confirmation which will confirm who the operator is for your tour. If however you would like to make changes to your booking such as the times, dates, cancel your service or have any enquiries feel free to contact us on 1300 090 767 and we gladly assist.
Q: LASER CLAY: IS THERE AN AGE OR WEIGHT LIMIT?
We recommend a minimum age of 10 as the guns can become heavy to hold through the session.
Q: LASER CLAY: HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE?
You will get to shoot at up to 30 clay targets (unless you chose to pay for more) which will typically take about 20 minutes to do. When we have larger groups of more than 5 on the session, it can take up to 40-60 minutes in total for everyone to rotate having their turn until they each reach 30 targets shot at.
Q: LASER CLAY: WHAT HAPPENS IF I DAMAGE THE EQUIPMENT?
You are responsible for the gun whilst it is in your possession. Therefore if you damage it, you will be required to provide a $750 security deposit by way of credit card. This money will be retained until such time as we can get a quote for the damages. Once we know the full costs, you will be required to pay these within 7 days.
Q: LASER CLAY: HOW DIFFICULT IS IT TO DO, WILL I BE ABLE TO PICK IT UP QUICKLY?
We will provide you with instruction and training how to use the Laser Clay guns. Most people are able to hit a target within their first 6-10 shots some within their first 1 or 2 shots.
Q: LASER CLAY: CAN MORE THAN 1 PERSON SHOOT AT ONCE?
The Laser Clay system is designed so that up to 5 people at a time can shoot at the clay as it flies through the air, making it a fun, safe and interactive experience.
Q: LASER CLAY: DO I GET TO FIRE REAL BULLETS?
The answer is No. The Laser Clay system is a high-tech device that has all the same skill as Clay Pigeon shooting but is totally safe and environmentally friendly as the guns fire a harmless infrared signal just like your home TV remote. If you are on target and the signal hits the clay as it flies through the air it will register on the scoreboard a direct hit and you will also hear the sound of a breaking clay over the speakers.
Q: ARCHERY: HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE?
The minimum session time is 20 minutes sometimes up to 40 minutes depending on the amount of people on the session. Youou can shoot as many arrows during this time as you like.
Q: ARCHERY: I AM LEFT HANDED, DO YOU HAVE LEFT HANDED BOWS?
We most certainly do, just let us know when you book and we'll make sure we have a left handed bow for you.
Q: ARCHERY: DO YOU PROVIDE PRIVATE SESSIONS?
We most certainly can arrange a private session for your group. Pricing may vary depending on the amount of people due to the fact that the session is exclusive for your group only.
Q: ARCHERY: WHAT HAPPENS IF I DAMAGE THE EQUIPMENT?
You are responsible for the bow and arrows whilst it is in your possession. Therefore if you damage it, you will be required to provide a $250 security deposit by way of credit card. This money will be retained until such time as we can get a quote for the damages. Once we know the full costs, you will be required to pay these within 7 days.
Q: ARCHERY: HOW DIFFICULT IS IT TO DO, WILL I BE ABLE TO PICK IT UP QUICKLY?
We will provide you with instruction and training how to use your bow and arrows. Most people hit the target in a relatively short period of time.
Q: ARCHERY: CAN MORE THAN 1 PERSON SHOOT AT ONCE?
Yes we normally permit up to 4 people at a time to shoot at the targets.
Terms and Conditions
Bookings Terms, Conditions and Acknowledgement:-
- Time Out Adventures & Entertainment is a sales, marketing and booking agent for Segway Operators that provide rides and tours to the public. Time Out Adventures is not the operator of these Segway Experiences.
- If you require changes to your booking, please contact us and we will facilitate this change for you. Fees may apply
- The Segway Participant acknowledges and agrees that, upon accepting a booking that includes a Segway experience through Time Out Adventures and Entertainment, they Acknowledge that Segway Riding is a dangerous recreational activity within the meaning of the Civil Liability Act (Qld, NSW & Vic) and involves a significant risk of injury, harm or damage and the participant accepts this risk when accepting the booking. If you are under the age of 18, a parent or guardian accepts this Risk on your behalf.
- Time Out Adventures & Entertainment will not be responsible for any loss, injury or damage incurred or suffered by the participant during the Segway Experience.
- By accepting a booking for a Segway Experience through Time Out Adventures and Entertainment, the Participant and guardian releases and forever holds Time Out Adventures & Entertainment, their servants, agents and employees harmless from any and all injury, harm or damage, cost, expense or loss including consequential loss suffered by or caused to the Participant or to others as a result of the Participants use or operation of the Segway and or as a result of accepting this booking no matter what the cause or where such injury, harm or damage arises and;
- By undertaking a Segway Experience booked through Time Out Adventures & Entertainment, the Participant and the guardian will not threaten to make, make, commence, file or bring any demand, claim, court proceedings, application or suit concerning the Segway Experience, rescheduling a booking or any event arising out of either against Time Out Adventures, their servants, agents or employees and if they do then they will indemnify the owners, directors, their servants, agents or employees for and against any order, judgment, decision or decree of the court and the owner’s legal costs and any costs of a court ordered against the owner on the indemnity basis.
- You are required to arrive a minimum of 10-15 minutes early for this activity
- Bookings essential - Contact us on 1300 090 767 to book your activities
- This package includes 1 x 60 Minute Segway Vineyard Tour (which includes training), 1 x Laser Clay shooting session (30 clays), 1 x Archery Session (20 minutes) and lunch subject to the conditions below;
- Recommended minimum age is 10
- Your session allows you to shoot at up to 30 clay targets (unless agreed otherwise) which maybe less that the total session time
- Bows and arrows are supplied
- Minimum age: 8 (recommended)
- Session duration: 20 minutes
- Up to 12 people maybe on the session, so you will rotate, taking it in turns trying to hit the targets
- All participants must sign an indemnity and waiver form
- You are not permitted to participate in this activity if you are intoxicated or under the influence of drugs
Segway Operator Terms & Conditions
The Segway operator for this tour has the following important terms and conditions you agree too when you accept this booking,
- Duration: 60 minutes (includes training time)
- You are required to arrive a minimum of 15 minutes early
- Minimum age 10
- Minimum weight 32kgs, Maximum weight 115kgs
- Enclosed footwear is required
- If you are pregnant, unfortunately you will not be able to participate in the tour as we feel the risk to both child and mother to be too high
- Riders under 18 require a guardian/parent to also come on the ride.
- The rider accepts that riding a Segway is a dangerous leisure activity according to the Civil Liability Act (VIC, Qld and NSW) and involves a significant risk of injury, harm or damage (physical or mental) to the rider and to others and the rider accepts this risk.
- All riders are required to sign a rider agreement and agree to be bound by the standard terms and conditions of that agreement
- The Segway rider acknowledges (a) the existence of and (b) by the rider’s conduct he/she agrees to the terms of the rider agreement
- Helmets are provided and must be worn
- You agree to not ride the Segway if intoxicated or under the influence of drugs
- Included as part of your ride is a hands-on training component (normally up to 10-15 minutes) on how to ride the Segway safely
- By placing this booking you and others in your group who will be riding the Segway's, accept all risks associated with riding this mechanical device and the various types of terrain and hazards you will encounter; this includes any injury you may suffer, financial loss, damage caused to the machine, injury to other persons or damage to their property
Segway tours may be cancelled due to extreme weather conditions or not reaching the minimum numbers required. If the session is cancelled due to extreme weather or minimum numbers not being reached we will gladly provide a pro-rata refund or arrange a suitable date and time that you can do the activity.
Whilst there is no guarantees; if you are running late for a tour please contact us immediately on 1300 090 767 to see if it is possible for us to wait. If you do arrive late and no prior arrangements have been made and the training process has already commenced unfortunately you will not be able to join the tour and no refunds will be available.
This activity cannot operate in light rain. If the session is cancelled due weather or minimum numbers not being reached we will gladly provide a pro-rata refund or arrange a suitable date and time that you can do the activity.
Whilst there is no guarantees; if you are running late for the activity please contact us immediately on 1300 090 767 to see if it is possible for us to wait. If you do arrive late and no prior arrangements have been made no refunds will be given.
This activity will not operate in the rain. If the session is cancelled due weather or minimum numbers not being reached we will gladly provide a pro-rata refund or arrange a suitable date and time that you can do the activity.
Whilst there is no guarantees; if you are running late for the activity please contact us immediately on 1300 090 767 to see if it is possible for us to wait. If you do arrive late and no prior arrangements have been made, unfortunately you will not be able to join the session and no refunds will be given.
All tours are subject to availability and may be cancelled due to extreme weather conditions or not reaching the minimum numbers required. We will notify you and offer an alternate date and time. If you cancel your booking with less than 48 hours notice, or decide for whatever reason on the day you no longer wish to participate in the tour, no refunds are offered. For cancellations greater than 48 hours notice we will gladly provide a full refund with the exception being any pre-paid vouchers/promotions which are subject to the terms and conditions of the voucher/promotion. If you would like to reschedule your tour for whatever reason a $15 per person re-scheduling fee applies.
For cancellations greater than 48 hours notice we will gladly provide a full refund with the exception being any pre-paid vouchers/promotions which are subject to the terms and conditions of the voucher/promotion. For cancellations within 48 hours, no refund will be given.