What makes Segway Fun Ride (Cleveland Winery) so popular?
Short on time, but don’t want to compromise on a new and exciting experience? Look no further; the Segway Fun Ride at the Grange Cleveland Resort has you covered!
Encapsulated within the stunning Macedon Ranges, Time Out’s Segway Fun Ride experience gives you not only the chance to learn how to ride a Segway, you’ll also get to zoom around on these futuristic machines on our custom designed Segway track where you’ll experience tabletops, speed bumps, sand traps, and a whole other range of obstacles, who said you couldn’t pack a whole lot of fun within 30 minutes, be warned, however, as this Segway Fun Ride will simply leave you craving for more!
Fortunately we have a longer, and even more exciting Segway adventures to satisfy your needs such as the 60 minute Segway All-Terrain Vineyard Tour. This tour has it all, zoom through the vineyards, cruise down and visit the farm animals like the Alpacas and more! So you if you have time, this is one tour you won’t want to miss out on.
- 30 minutes of fun, trying something new and different
- Zoom around the custom designed Segway track!
- A great way to try one of these amazing machines if you’re short on time and budget
- Heaps of fun, you won’t want to get off
Frequently Asked Questions
You've got questions? We've got answers! Everything you thought to ask, and some things you didn't. This is a collection of the most common queries we get on this event from our customers. We recommend you have a read to ensure you're not caught out on the day. If there's anything you're still unsure of, please don't hesitate to contact us.
Q: WHERE IS THE MEETING POINT?
If you click on the Directions Tab you will find specific details where to find us.
Q: IS THERE AN AGE OR WEIGHT LIMIT?
For the Segway Fun Ride you must be at least 9 years of age. In addition to this riders must weigh at least 28 kgs and not more than 115kgs.
Q: CAN THOSE UNDER 18 COME ON A FUN RIDE ALONE?
For safety reasons, minors (anyone under the age of 18) must be accompanied by an adult on the fun ride.
Q: HOW MANY PEOPLE WILL BE ON THE RIDE?
Typically our fun rides operate in groups of 4-5 guests or less per facilitator.
Q: WHAT IS THE MINIMUM AMOUNT OF PEOPLE REQUIRED FOR THE FUN RIDE TO PROCEED?
We require a minimum of 4 people in order for a fun ride to proceed. We will contact you if the fun ride is not proceeding due to minimum numbers not being met.
Q: WHAT IF I HAVE MORE THAN 4 PEOPLE?
Unless otherwise arranged prior (for larger groups), the group will be split up for safety reasons.
Q: DO YOU PROVIDE PRIVATE FUN RIDES?
We most certainly can arrange a private fun ride for your group. Pricing may vary depending on the amount of people due to the fact that the ride is exclusive for your group only.
Q: WHAT TIME DO I NEED TO GET THERE FOR MY FUN RIDE?
If you could arrive 10-15 minutes early for your scheduled tour to fill out the necessary paperwork. Each rider will need to sign an liability waiver form and if the rider is under 18, a parent or guardian will be required to sign on their behalf.
Q: WHAT HAPPENS IF I HAVE AN ACCIDENT WHILST ON THE RIDE?
You are responsible for the Segway whilst it is in your possession. Therefore if you damage someone’s property or injure yourself or someone else, you are responsible for any damages, this includes the Segways. In there is damage to the Segways, you will be required to provide a $750 security deposit by way of credit card. This money will be retained until such time as a quote for the damages is obtained. Once the full costs are known, you will be required to pay these within 7 days.
Q: IS THIS RIDE OFFERED IN ANY OTHER LANGUAGE BESIDE ENGLISH?
All tours are in English. We can however organise private rides in other languages if required.
Q: IS TRAINING INCLUDED AS PART OF THE RIDE?
All tours include a period of time for training and learning how to master riding these amazing machines. On average approximately 10 minutes of hands-on rider training is included as part of your ride duratoin. You will not set off on the ride until you are 'rider ready' and you and your faciltiator feel confident you can safely ride through the various terrain you will encounter on the fun ride.
Q: HOW DIFFICULT IS IT TO RIDE, WILL I BE ABLE TO PICK IT UP QUICKLY?
This fun ride is designed so that you learn the technique of riding one of these amazing machines. It is only a short duration ride and the majority of your time will be spent learning and practising how to ride the amazing Segway personal transporter. The advanced techniques you will learn will enable you to be able to ride in any condition on any future tour plus you will also have heaps of fun in the process. For most people it only takes 10 minutes to learn to ride and the remaining time will be spent exploring the beautiful grounds of the Grange Cleveland Resort in Lancefield.
Q: CAN MORE THAN 1 PERSON RIDE THE SEGWAY AT ONCE?
The Segway is designed so that only 1 person at a time can ride it. Therefore you can not ride with young children or double another person.
Q: WHAT IF I AM PREGNANT, CAN I STILL RIDE?
Unfortunately not. We feel the risk to both child and mother to be to high to allow pregnant women to participate in any Segway tour or ride.
Q: WHAT IS YOUR CANCELLATION POLICY?
Please refer to the Terms & Conditions tab where we explain in detail our REFUND and CANCELLATION Policy.
Q: ARE THE TOURS CANCELLED IF IT RAINS?
Tours will proceed in light rain, normally there is some rain jackets available for you to use, but please check availability, otherwise feel free to bring your own. If it is decided the rain is to heavy, for safety reasons the tour will be rescheduled to another day, if this day is unsuitable for you, we will provide a full refund.
Q: WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR PROVIDING MY TOUR?
Time Out Adventures is a sales, marketing and booking organisation, we do not provide or operate the Segway Tour or Ride you book. Once you have made your booking you will receive a booking confirmation which will confirm who the operator is for your tour. If however you would like to make changes to your booking such as the times, dates, cancel your service or have any enquiries feel free to contact us on 1300 090 767 and we gladly assist.
Terms and Conditions
Bookings Terms, Conditions and Acknowledgement:-
- Time Out Adventures & Entertainment is a sales, marketing and booking agent for Segway Operators that provide rides and tours to the public. Time Out Adventures is not the operator of these Segway Experiences.
- If you require changes to your booking, please contact us and we will facilitate this change for you. Fees may apply
- The Segway Participant acknowledges and agrees that, upon accepting a Segway experience booking through Time Out Adventures and Entertainment, they Acknowledge that Segway Riding is a dangerous recreational activity within the meaning of the Civil Liability Act (Qld, NSW & Vic) and involves a significant risk of injury, harm or damage and the participant accepts this risk when accepting the booking. If you are under the age of 18, a parent or guardian accepts this Risk on your behalf.
- Time Out Adventures & Entertainment will not be responsible for any loss, injury or damage incurred or suffered by the participant during the Segway Experience.
- By accepting a booking for a Segway Experience through Time Out Adventures and Entertainment, the Participant and guardian releases and forever holds Time Out Adventures & Entertainment, their servants, agents and employees harmless from any and all injury, harm or damage, cost, expense or loss including consequential loss suffered by or caused to the Participant or to others as a result of the Participants use or operation of the Segway and or as a result of accepting this booking no matter what the cause or where such injury, harm or damage arises and;
- By undertaking a Segway Experience booked through Time Out Adventures & Entertainment, the Participant and the guardian will not threaten to make, make, commence, file or bring any demand, claim, court proceedings, application or suit concerning the Segway Experience, rescheduling a booking or any event arising out of either against Time Out Adventures, their servants, agents or employees and if they do then they will indemnify the owners, directors, their servants, agents or employees for and against any order, judgment, decision or decree of the court and the owner’s legal costs and any costs of a court ordered against the owner on the indemnity basis.
All tours are subject to availability and may be cancelled due to extreme weather conditions or not reaching the minimum numbers required. We will notify you and offer an alternate date and time. If you cancel your booking with less than 48 hours notice no refunds are offered. For cancellations greater than 48 hours notice we will gladly provide a full refund with the exception being any pre-paid vouchers/promotions which are subject to the terms and conditions of the voucher/promotion. If you would like to reschedule your tour for whatever reason a $15 per person re-scheduling fee applies.
Whilst there is no guarantees; if you are running late for a tour please contact us immediately on 1300 090 767 and we will check with the tour operator to see if it is possible for them to wait. If you do arrive late and no prior agreed arrangements have been made and tour training has commenced unfortunately you will not be able to join the tour and no refunds will be available.
Segway Operator Terms & Conditions
The Segway operator for this tour has the following important terms and conditions you agree too when you accept this booking,
- Duration: 30 minutes (includes training time)
- You are required to arrive a minimum of 15 minutes early
- Minimum age 9
- Minimum weight 28kgs, Maximum weight 115kgs
- Enclosed footwear is required
- If you are pregnant, unfortunately you will not be able to participate in the tour as we feel the risk to both child and mother to be too high
- Riders under 18 require a guardian/parent to also come on the ride.
- The rider accepts that riding a Segway is a dangerous leisure activity according to the Civil Liability Act (Qld and NSW) and involves a significant risk of injury, harm or damage (physical or mental) to the rider and to others and the rider accepts this risk.
- All riders are required to sign a rider agreement and agree to be bound by the standard terms and conditions of that agreement
- The Segway rider acknowledges (a) the existence of and (b) by the rider’s conduct he/she agrees to the terms of the rider agreement
- Helmets are provided and must be worn
- You agree to not ride the Segway if intoxicated or under the influence of drugs
- Included as part of your ride is a hands-on training component (normally up to 10-15 minutes) on how to ride the Segway safely
- By placing this booking you and others in your group who will be riding the Segway's, accept all risks associated with riding this mechanical device and the various types of terrain and hazards you will encounter; this includes any injury you may suffer, financial loss, damage caused to the machine, injury to other persons or damage to their property